In this episode, we bring on POCUS expert, researcher, journal editor and friend of the show, Michael Gottlieb (@MGottliebMD) to discuss everything about POCUS research. This is part 2 of 2 and the show notes below are the same for both episodes. Check out Part 1 if you missed it!
What makes good research?
How do you get research published?
How do you review and critically appraise literature?
Bonus Pearls and Pitfalls
1. Do what you can with what you have.
2. Let the ideas flow and abound...then capture them.
3. Use existing practice guidelines when designing research.
4. Read papers twice.
5. Pilot your studies in the real world.
6. Always. Be. Planning. (the next study)